- How does this even work?
- Why are you recycling fashion into custom handmade face masks?
- Are your face masks authentic?
- Are your face masks authorized?
- Are your face masks professional?
- Are your face masks essential PPE?
- Why are your face masks so expensive?
- What sizes do you offer?
- Where are your face masks made?
- How many layers do your face masks have?
- Do your face masks have a filter pocket?
- What are your dust bags made from?
- I think I saw an imperfection. What gives?
- Are your face masks safe for me to purchase during the COVID-19 pandemic?
TL;DR: Yes and why …
According to the CDC, there is a “very low risk” of the coronavirus spreading through mail that is “shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures.”
“There should be less concern over infections from items that are shipped over [the course of multiple] days; most infections occur through droplets as when someone sneezes or coughs, and in most cases, you need a large viral load to be infected. The highest risk of transmission is usually within the first few minutes and decreases more over time, as most virus particles will begin to degrade once outside a living host,” explains Dr. Frederick Davis, associate chair of the emergency department at LIJ (Long Island Jewish Medical Center).
Dr. Niket Sonpal, an NYC-based internist and gastroenterologist and adjunct Professor at Touro College, explains that while it can live for up to 24 hours on cardboard, “this was under ideal lab conditions, not ambient real-world temperatures,” He continues to say “There have been no reported cases linked to shipments of merchandise.”
At the Pandemic Couture Company, we like to err on the side of caution and we take your safety very seriously.
To minimize risks we follow a strict packaging protocol.
After a face mask is purchased, we follow these steps:
- We put on single-use gloves.
- We sterilize your mask using UV light. During the sterilization phase, we introduce a small amount of vaporized all-natural essential vanilla oil which gives your mask a clean and fresh smell.
- Your mask is removed from the sterilizer and sealed in an airtight mylar bag.
- We wipe down the exterior surface of the mylar bag with alcohol wipes.
- We wrap mylar bag in its outer paper and add inserts.
- We place the wrapped mylar bag and inserts into the shipping envelope and seal it using an envelope moistener.
- Shipping labels stickers are printed, attached and the shipping envelope is mailed.
- Our gloves are removed and properly disposed of.
When you receive you Pandemic Couture Company face mask, we recommend you follow these steps:
- Open the outer packaging and remove the mylar bag. Setting it aside on a sanitary surface.
- Wash your hands
- Open the sealed mylar bag.
- Try on your new Pandemic Couture Company face mask.
- (Takes some selfies and tag us on IG @pandemiccoutureco)