- How does this even work?
- Why are you recycling fashion into custom handmade face masks?
- Are your face masks authentic?
- Are your face masks authorized?
- Are your face masks professional?
- Are your face masks essential PPE?
- Why are your face masks so expensive?
- What sizes do you offer?
- Where are your face masks made?
- How many layers do your face masks have?
- Do your face masks have a filter pocket?
- What are your dust bags made from?
- I think I saw an imperfection. What gives?
- Are your face masks safe for me to purchase during the COVID-19 pandemic?
We appreciate fashion just like you and because of this fact we always produce our face masks using 100% authentic luxury garments. We purchase our donor garments from sites like The Real Real, Tradesy, and eBay.
All items on The Real Real, and Tradesy are expertly reviewed and authenticated prior to sale, and they are very good at authentication. For example, Tradesy claims to be able to identify replicas items with “99.7% accuracy“.
eBay does not offer the same guarantees. Due to the volume of listings that they host, eBay does not have an authentication team. Instead, they have a strict counterfeit item policy. eBay prohibits counterfeit items and replicas and this policy is policed, however, things sneak in. To avoid issues we limit our eBay purchases in general, we only purchase items listed as “authentic,” and then we only use the garments if they pass our inspection.
All items we purchase are carefully when received, and if we identify the garment as counterfeit we will not use it in our masks because we never sell non-authentic fabric as authentic. eBay items receive special attention due to their lack of an authentication team. That being said, it is important to note we do not have the same capabilities as larger organizations like Tradesy so we cannot guarantee “99.7% accuracy”.
To assure you are satisfied with your purchase, please review the high-resolution images (1920 x 2560) images we provide prior to the purchase of any face mask.